Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chapter 26: The Lucky Ones

I have fantasized--with good reason--for years that I was a maiden here on earth with a curse upon her. My curse: To bad luck to others and to be alone and miserable. I always thought that it was God's way of making sport. "Let me see how miserable I can make this one mortal, human, girl!" No, I did want this to be another sad, moping, ranting post...I had a nice long, happy one planned out but I never write those ideas down so they never make it on here. I've decided that during the day I need to write down the things I want to write about so I don't forget them and so that way a happy post WILL make it on here! Those happy-posts seem to be an endangered species. I will fix that though. I need to show some joy every once in a while.
Well, to day at work just sucked as usual. I don't even need to go into details at this point, I don't think. But mostly what I thought about while text-counciling one of my friends and thinking about how how two people I know just had sex with each other, I thought "Parents always say their kids are lucky to have such good, caring parents". You know you've heard it. But as I was thinking of the girl I know who gave herself to a guy and my poor mixed up friend, I thought "No, my parents are lucky to have such a good kid as me". It's true. Every kid, college, high school and below, are having sex, doing drugs, drinking alcohol and getting into so much worse trouble. I see this every day. In almost every kid. I am not exaggeration in the least. I know I can try harder, any one always can, but my parents need a reality check. If they knew half of what I have to deal with every day (emotions, money, people, jobs, school...) and half of what I see every day, then they would be a lot different.
There is so much crap out there in the world, I cannot even begin to describe in a blog post. So I won't. Yes, my parents and I had a spat tonight...again. But I am trying to be mature about it, learn something, see it their way and get on with life. But after a horrid day, it's really hard. It really really is. I'm going to spend a bit of time with the Creator tonight and ask Him to comfort me. He's the only one who can handle to listen to me rant, scream and cry for hours. And so I will. I'm reading Hosea and it's proving to be a wonderful, yet slow, read. I am praying for wisdom and peace and may you find it as well. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you'd want to, but I wouldn't mind listening to you rant, scream and cry.
    Praying for God to give you joy, even through the misery.

    Isaiah 41:10
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    ReplyDelete