Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chapter 32: I Can't Speak French

I was at a loss for the first chapter title in weeks. Months? It's true though. I'm taking French at the University and it's so hard. It was simple at first and I loved it. Then we started conjugating verbs and it was all down hill. Apparently, that's all you do in French so I've having to work super-duper-extra-chocolaty-fudge-covered hard at it. About 6 hours a week just on French. But it will be worth it. I want to speak it fluently. And then teach English in France. There is a chance for second year French students to live in Angers for 5 weeks this summer, but it is far too expensive for me. Sad considering Angers is only an hour from Paris and my tower. I would so love to see it. I started crying in class when we were being told about it. I must visit my France someday. Why do I love it so much? I promise it's not for the normal, shallow and uninteresting reasons of every other female in the world, and because I claim that, I cannot explain it any more. I just love it. Some of my ancestors are from there and spoke the language. The Scottish ones. Hahah, that makes sense. But it's part of me and I want to know it.
It's also raining. For the first time in more than a year, it has rained for more than five minutes. It's October and finally it is cloudy, grey and raining. How marvelous! I need the grey and gloom. I haven't been able to write a single inspired word since moving to Texas. With ten months of pure Summer and some odd back and forth months, there is no change in the seasons and so the people hear never get to change. They laps into this ugly, humid rut and their brains start to decay and become useless. Now it's happening to me! My imagination, thought and cleverness are melting away. With no reason to change and deal with Mother Nature, the Texan man has become useless!
I could go on, but I've exhausted this speech with my acquaintances here.
I've also been on the search for a good cemetery for photography and haven't had any luck yet. Sigh...
Life is changing for me. Not the weather though. It's hard to meet new things and make something amazing out of them when your brain and soul are now dormant, inanimate objects!

No comments:

Post a Comment